Monday, January 21, 2008

The Weight of Water

My brother and I watched this horrendous movie at his house last night. It was dreadfully slow. A photographer is on an assignment about a 100+ years old murder of two women, and she and her husband and another couple try to make a relaxing weekend out of it. The non-tension between the couples is juxtaposed with a not uninteresting story about a household of sexually repressed Norwegian settlers. Elizabeth Hurley is gorgeous, but pointlessly so. Sean Penn is in it too, inexplicably, and he looks painfully bored and uncomfortable throughout. At one point my brother said, "I don't know who I feel sorrier for, us for having to watch it, or them for having to learn the lines and act it." Well I suspect they got paid a lot more for their pain than we did for ours.

No comments: