Thursday, September 24, 2015

Bound

I finally watched Bound, which I've been meaning to see for two decades. It is a sexy mob film featuring a steamy relationship between two women. One, played by Jennifer Tilly, lives with her mobster boyfriend, and she invites her lover, played by Gina Gershon, to help her steal a shit load of money and set him up so they can run away together and start a new life.

It is very tense, and there is quite a bit of violence. Weirdly, there were parts -- particularly scenes with the mobsters -- that I'm sure I've seen before. Maybe they were familiar because those kinds of mob confrontations rely on overused tropes? Maybe I've actually seen this movie before? In any event, it was engaging. The relationship between the women was the most compelling and interesting part. Even though Jennifer Tilly, with her annoying whispering contrived voice, bugs me incredibly.

No comments: