Sunday, November 11, 2007

Gigi

When I got home from seeing Before the Devil Knows You're Dead with RT, I was kind of shook up and anxious and had laundry to do. While doing it I emptied my brain by watching GiGi, a fluffy bit of wonderful eye candy.

It is a corny movie, and, when you think about it, a little creepy -- about the courtesan class raising a girl to be a high-class, uh, "courtesan"; a man who watched her grow up falls in love with her and arranges for her to be his "courtesan" and she is very upset. When she finally agrees, he feels like her spirit is being corrupted and so they get married. I don't know. I just don't know.

But the sets were so gorgeously over-the-top! And Leslie Caron was so beautiful. And I love that song, I Remember it Well between Maurice Chevalier and the woman who plays Gigi's grandmamma...

No comments: