Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Number 23

The Number 23 with Jim Carrey is SO bad. I think it's supposed to be scary. I think it's supposed to be suspenseful. I think it's supposed to be complex, interesting.

And I suppose there was a slight chance it could have been. Basically, Jim Carrey reads a book found in a used bookstore that gets him obsessed with the number 23 and convinced that the book is either about him or searching for him. It was extremely convoluted and things just made no sense. Worse, it was kind of laughable. Poor Jim Carrey, taking himself so seriously. He didn't do a particularly good job, but I think he had no hope, with the ridiculous script and the over-the-top directing. At the very end, the story came together a bit. Just a bit. Not enough to stop me from kicking myself for having wasted the time watching it.

No comments: