Saturday, December 27, 2008

Capricorn One

Last night I watched Capricorn One on the Netflix Watch Instantly feature. It was annoying because my internet connection kept going out.

Anyway, I really like this movie. As a child I saw it when it came out -- my parents just dragged us to whatever. I remember it being really scary and fascinating. I also misremembered the plot. I thought they fooled the astronauts into thinking they were on Mars.

It was a very good story, although filled with holes. Too many people in on a conspiracy, for one thing. But where it was really weak was all the speechifying and moralizing that went on. That kind of just seemed corny.

It was fun watching young Sam Waterston. So many of us must have a fondness in our hearts for him because of Law & Order.

No comments: