Sunday, December 7, 2008

Le Scandal

I went to a burlesque show last night! I had never been to a burlesque show -- except I went to an amazing Coney Island benefit last spring that included one and it was amazing. But it wasn't quite the same as going to a club for the show.

We went to Le Scandal at Cutting Room. It was a terrific show. It included a regular strip act, a sexy chanteuse, a contortionist or two, a naked acrobat/aerialist, a sword-swallower, and a fire-eater. Every act was done to hot, thumping kind of music and had a real sexy slant to it. Although the fire-eater was kind of the most dramatic, my favorite was the aerialist who performed in a suspended hoop to Jessie's Girl. She was very sexy.

I kind of would like to go to a show that's less "neo-burlesque" and more old-fashioned. Just to see.

No comments: