Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Synecdoche, New York

Synecdoche, New York is fucking BRILLIANT. Suffocatingly painful, heart-wrenching. But brilliant.

I can't describe it right now. I watched it last night and was mesmerized at the same time that I felt emotionally trapped. In fact. I kept pausing it. To check facebook, to go to the bathroom, to straighten my apartment. Not because I was bored, but because it was so intense.

I will describe it, because the narrative is genius. But just can't right now. I felt sad all day due to this movie. It's all about loss and loneliness and death and life. Totally haunting. It was terribly emotionally precise, especially considering that it is a surreal concept piece. (I don't mean that patronizingly...)

All the performances were great. Everything was wonderful, just too sad.

No comments: