Friday, April 29, 2011

Coney Island Gala!

Last night I went to a totally fun gala benefiting Coney Island. It took place at a club called Amnesia on West 29th Street.

I've been to this event a few times and it is always incredible. Last night featured tantalizing "ambient artists" throughout the venue -- hoola-hoopers, gogo girls, and aerialists. There was a silent auction and I bid on a couple of things, including a beautiful painting by Meridith McNeal, and a photograph from the Mermaid Parade (I am not sure if I won...). Finally, the evening included a freak show performance with very entertaining strip tease numbers, and a gorgeous fire eating performance by Insectivora.

After the event Meridita and I went to dinner at Bottino, where we shared a salad and the freshest ravioli I have had in my life.





No comments: