Sunday, February 24, 2013

Inglourious Basterds

I don't know if I really liked Inglourious Basterds. I started watching it on Friday night, fell asleep, and continued with it on Saturday afternoon.

I was engaged in the quirky storytelling, and wanted know how it ended. It's a fun fantasy of Jewish revenge on Nazis and Hitler, and parts were intense. But I found many of the scenes a little belabored. I am also turned off by the vivid violence. I appreciate Tarantino's style, but in spite of this appreciation, I don't really like it.

I also thought Brad Pitt was annoying in every scene he was in.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Surprise! I thought the performances were terrific, even Pitt who was playing a Character--and the scenes were suspenseful--wasn't bored for a moment--and the comic book violence was mild compared to other Tarantinos---yes, you are over him!