Saturday, December 18, 2010

Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring The Rockettes!

At 9 this morning I saw The Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall.

Even though I knew it would be tacky as shit, I actually had high hopes for this show. I was looking forward to being swept up by the over-the-top spectacle. And, as spectacle, it was pretty damn good. The production was very state of the art, and they really do give a lot of bang for your buck.

But I have to say, even thought the dancing was great, the choreography was predictable and the music was pretty insipid. The Christmas theme was, obviously, hackneyed, and each number (excellent as they all were), just seemed like more of the same.

Okay, that sounds horribly negative, and I don't mean to be big ole Scrooge. I did in fact enjoy myself; it was good fun, and it was great to finally see what is basically a New York institution.

No comments: