Sunday, January 11, 2015

Kate Copeland, Adrianne Lenker, and Buck Meek!

Wow! I enjoyed some seriously beautiful music by some seriously talented musicians singers and songwriters last night!

The evening at Lethe Lounge began with Adrianne Lenker and Buck Meek (Buck and Anne). Lenker's hauntingly sweet voice is incredible and the songs are both delightful and a little heart-wrenching. So gorgeous. I bought both of their CDs and can't wait for more.

Kate Copeland performed original songs, backed by Kiyota Sage, Mark Ettinger, Sam Veatch and Douglas Goldstein. Copeland has a beautiful rich and sultry voice and writes phenomenal and powerful songs. They range from soft and intimate, to more "boot stomping". Her songs have wonderful heart and wit. One in particular, about cutting words, I've heard her perform before, and has really stuck with me. She is an incredible talent. I was also incredibly moved by Kiyota Sage's vocals. He has a very special voice. Copeland has a CD coming out in June and I absolutely cannot fucking wait to get it!

The evening also included a brief performance by Paul Foglino. He sang two smart and witty songs, and I would have loved to have heard more.

No comments: