Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Comeback, Season 2

On the last day of the year I watched the finale of the second season of The Comeback. I had completely loved the first season, back in the day. This return to Valerie Cherish after nine years was very good, but not quite as fresh, perhaps, as the first season. And slightly less cringy and uncomfortable.

However, the finale was so, so good! I was literally crying tears of joy at the end. I was so happy for the character. I don't want to give anything away, other than to say she steps out of her insecure nervous persona and is finally a real person. This was so meaningful to me because in spite of how rude and oblivious she can be, I was always rooting for her, and not just for her professional recognition, which she badly craved, but for some sort of respite from her own nerves.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so on target--at last she emerged

jolene said...

i just cried reading your review, remembering the finale. i loved it too!!!

Diana said...

Jolene, I talked about the "respite from her own nerves" in therapy -- the finale was really powerful to me!

jolene said...

that is such a sweet way of putting it. i love it.