Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Julie Heffernan at PPOW

This woman's paintings are AMAZING. I had read about this exhibition on www.3quarksdaily.com and it's closing this week. So even though I was really busy and Chelsea is sometimes hard to get to, I made myself go. I am very proud of myself for the effort (because I've been so wiped out) and was greatly rewarded. Her work is rich and creepy and delicious. I just love it.

Afterwards I saw Tom Otterness (who made the sculptures on the 14th street A-line stop) at Marlboro Gallery, and a really cool artist Jillian McDonald's work at another gallery. This show included these intense hologram-type pieces where a normal looking person was transformed to someone that looked beat up to someone that looked like some sort of hideous ghoul. I loved it.

But Heffernan was my favorite.

No comments: