Friday, February 5, 2010

I Love You More Than You Know

I enjoyed Ames' collection of essays I Love You More Than You Know, but the experience didn't compare at all to Wake Up, Sir!

I Love You More Than You Know has a few extremely funny essays in it. But most of them are a little bland. Interesting, because Ames is interesting and personable, but not really laugh-out-loud funny. Surprisingly, a few pieces were rather touching and tender. I feel like I got to know Ames, and although I didn't enjoy the ride as much as I did with his alter-ego in Wake Up, Sir! I kind of miss his voice now that I'm done reading the collection.

One thing: a lot of material from Wake Up, Sir! is part of these essays, which were obviously written while he was working on the book. It was kind of disappointing to see him reuse material, but when you think about it, why shouldn't he?

No comments: