Saturday, March 6, 2010

In the Hairy Arms of Whitman

Oh, rock me, baby! In the Hairy Arms of Whitman by Bill Kushner is so fucking good! He is just an extraordinary, breathtaking poet. Passionate and pedestrian, beautiful. Wondrous, sad, and joyful.






Head


The rain comes falling in patches, like love does
Or feels, oh you know what I mean, sexy thoughts
A long line like kicky Rockettes, is this getting too
Far-fetched? well welcome to my life, & oops a glass
Breaks, like my heart, & it was so pretty, & then you
Enter, carrying a leash, that a hot dog in it? (I almost
Said God) & although nothing perceptible changes
But it does rain harder, sizzling as it hits hot concrete
& you come and leave as quickly, & the young man with
The hair in the next apartment, he turns up the volume
Let's rock, let's roll! but no matter, for we love him so
& have decided to forgive everyone for everything
From the date of our birth to the aching present, yes
The Talking Heads, yes talk to me of head & of looking
Out, as the trees caress each other so gaily, are we going
Out there? but we'll get so awfully we! but indeed we are

No comments: