Friday, March 19, 2010

Shadowed Dreamer

Yesterday I had the privilege of seeing Stephen Hart perform his autobiographical monologue Shadowed Dreamer. This was one of the most moving performances I've ever witnessed, and I felt truly honored. Stephen Hart tells a horrific story of childhood abuse in a terrible family situation, just one of the most painful things I have ever heard. But so much warmth and compassion exudes from his person, that you feel like you are in the presence of someone truly special. His monologue was an offering and a testament. Again, I feel truly privileged to have seen him. A beautiful voice. Bravo.

2 comments:

Kendra James said...

i saw this show and was blown away by the energy, power and strength of this story and performer.
Shadowed dreamer has to be seen by more people to show that no matter where you come from or whatever has happened in your past there is the possibility of a brighter future.

Anonymous said...

It's the best article I had ever seen