Sunday, May 22, 2011

Barnacle Bill and The Major Toms

I had a great time last night at The Bowery Electric. I saw Barnacle Bill, a pop-rock band that was really fun and had a lot of great songs. There was something vaguely eighties, without being campy in any way, that I particularly liked about them.

The The Major Toms, a band that performed all Bowie songs. The first couple were unfamiliar to me, and they were fucking great. The songs, the band, the lead singer in particular. They totally rocked, hard. And the sound was terrific.

All in all a great night of excellent music.

1 comment:

Yianni said...

Thanks Diana for your comments about our band, Barnacle Bill. I think you described us really well!

The Major Toms' first song was the title track of Bowie's Station to Station album. I don't remember which song they played second.