Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lady Gaga The Monster Ball Tour

Last night at my mother's house I watched the HBO special, Lady Gaga: The Monster Ball Tour.

I missed the first 20 minutes, but what I saw was really fabulous. She rocks very hard and has terrific energy and a strong voice. I love her wild, aggressive aesthetic and really enjoy her hit pop numbers. I was only aware of about four or five songs: Bad Romance, Poker Face, Alejandro... so most of the numbers I was not familiar with, but I was riveted by her, her clothes, the choreography, the music.

When she talked to the audience she was slightly insipid, but it wasn't that annoying. Her message is, don't ever not feel like a star.

Anyway, I might have to make my mother rewind the DVR so I can watch the beginning of the concert. Also, think I'm going to have download those Gaga hits.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Watched the first twenty minutes this afternoon. Good, but I didn't miss much.