Thursday, December 13, 2007

28 Weeks Later

I'm really kind of freaked out right now. I don't know why I had 28 Weeks Later in my queue (I know I say that a lot) and I barely remember the first one. Well, this was very scary. It was, I thought, very well filmed. It wasn't like a typical horror film (unless they've changed a lot recently, which is entirely possible). I'm not exactly sure what I mean by that. There seemed something artistic to a lot of the shots. The sudden jolts of silence, and the noise; the slow motion, then regular time. The subdued palette. Almost beautiful, actually. And then there was this whole scary surveillance motif. It was mainly military surveillance, that green graphic thing. But there was an other sense to it to, a feeling of quiet paranoia. This eerie feeling of being watched and stalked, recorded and controlled. Marked. The subdued, calm yet tense sense of order and then the frenzied, palsied buzzing of the infected and the crazed noisy terror of the chased. I was uncomfortable, frightened, and on edge through the entire movie.

The ending was REALLY good. I was expecting all the leads to be saved, but that wasn't the case.

1 comment:

Javad said...

hiii
very weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell .
nice blog .
good writer
please visit my blog .
Islamic republic of Iran