Sunday, December 9, 2007

A River Runs Through It

I'm not sure why this movie was in my queue, but it was. I just finished watching it. Although Robert Redford directed and narrated it, and Brad Pitt was one of the stars, I bet reviewers said that Montana was the real star of the movie. It was very Redford-y in that sense, showing a deep, somewhat self-indulgent love of the vast Western states. It was slow and sleepy, took place during a much slower time (the 20s) and was rather predictable. But at the same time it was gorgeous and sweet. There was barely any hint of a plot, like they didn't want plot or narrative arch to intrude too much. And the movie really was narrated (by Redford). Anyhoo...

It was made in 1992 and I can't believe that was 15 years ago. That makes me feel old. Brad Pitt looked like a baby practically.

No comments: